Brain Training Australia offers a range of online group supervision services to meet the requirements of Provisional Psychologists undertaking:
- 4 + 2 provisional psychologist pathway
- 5 + 1 provisional psychologist pathway
- clinical psychology registrars seeking endorsement
- early career psychologists and health practitioners for CPD purposes
Our online group supervision services are available Australia-wide and allows for a cost-effective and efficient way to meet supervision requirements and an opportunity for you to connect and network with other Provisional Psychologists. We are passionate about providing a nurturing learning experience where psychologists are supported to learn and grow into the profession.
Our online group supervision is delivered during business hours, primarily aimed at lunch periods, so as not to eat into early career psychologists’ personal time.
If you sign up for a group session and, for whatever reason, are unable to attend, we will provide you with a copy of the presentation slides and handout materials from the supervision session within 48 hours of the session date and time, which you can instead count as Professional Development hours instead.
What topics are covered?
Our group supervision services are delivered 100% online and aimed at Early Career Psychologists who seek an introduction to evidence-based assessment and intervention modalities.
Upcoming sessions are highlighted below. Should you wish to attend, BOOK ONLINE NOW, as groups are limited to a maximum of 5 participants in line with AHRPA requirements.
As all group Supervision sessions are 2 hours in duration. Our group supervision sessions serve as an educational exploration of the subjects presented and as an introduction to various topics only, and we encourage participants to access one day, two day or longer skills building professional development workshops to explore the topics further to gain proficiency.
Next Session: Monday 4th December 2023
Time: 12-2pm (Sydney Melbourne time), 9-11am (Perth), 11.30am-1.30pm (Adelaide), 11am-1pm (Brisbane)
Location: Delivered 100% online via zoom, participants are sent a link to attend closer to the date.
Duration: Two Hour Session. The first hour is an educational seminar; second hour is a roundtable discussion and exploration of clinical applications.
1. What is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)?
1.1. Origin and history of CBT
2. Foundations of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
2.1. Some fundamental principles of CBT
2.2. Relationship between thoughts, emotions and behaviors
2.3. Cognitive conceptualization and automatic thoughts
3. Components of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
3.1. Cognitive Distortions
3.2. Cognitive restructuring
3.2.1. Cognitive restructuring: A-B-C model
3.3. Identification of automatic thoughts
3.4. Questioning of maladaptive cognitions
4. Applications and effectiveness of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
5. Why choose CBT?
Q & A
We encourage interested attendees to reserve their spot as soon as possible as groups are limited to 5 participants maximum in line with AHRPA requirements.
- Group Supervision is a more cost effective way to access Supervision which we charge $100 + GST / per hour.
- Please note that all Group Supervision sessions are 2 hour sessions.
- 6-month and 12-month plan offers are available – see below how to access them.
For all Group Supervision sessions with us, payment is required at booking time in advance of the session to secure your spot.
Looking to Plan your Superivsion for the next 6 or 12 months?
We offer more cost-effective solutions for Provisional Psychologists, Clinical Registrars and Early Career Psychologists who wish to plan their supervision for the next 6 or 12 months.
- Once Off – 1 x 2 hour Group Supervision Session – $100 + GST per hour
- 6 Month Plan – 6 x 2 hour Group Superivsion Sessions – $95 + GST per hour
- 12 Month Plan – 12 x 2 hour Group Supervision Sessions – $85 + GST per hour
How do I get started?
To count your group supervision hours towards your internship plan, your first step is to add Kristie Clarke to your internship plan as a Secondary Supervisor, as Kristie runs all of our online group supervision services.
You can add a secondary supervisor by submitting a formal letter to AHPRA via the online upload services. The letter will need to outline the name and registration number of your new secondary supervisor (Kristie) and it must be signed by your Primary Supervisor.
To make your life a little easier (and we understand how demanding provisional psychologist internships can be!) we have done some of the work for you so you will only need to complete three simple steps:
1. Once you book in for any of our Group Supervision sessions, you automatically recieve a booking confirmation email and within that, a link to complete a “Add a Secondary Supervisor Form.” Just pop in your details and when you click submit a copy of the letter that AHPRA requires will be sent to your email.
2. Email this letter to your Primary Supervisor for signing.
3. Submit signed version to AHRPA.
It really is that simple and straightforward.
For Professional Development only?
If you are just wanting to access these sessions for Professional Development hours then you don’t need to go through the adding Krisite as a secondary process and you can just book in for your session and attend. We send you the session content including the presentation slides and handouts so you can review in your own time, at your own pace.